Suffering with a complicated and feature-bloated event management plugin is not a situation you need to be in. You’ll want an intuitive, snappy way to create events fast. What’s more, you’ll need a quick way to set events up regardless of whether they are in-person, virtual, or everything in between. WP Event Manager is a lightweight and scalable plugin that helps you implement a full-featured event management system within WordPress for both live and virtual events.
WP Event Manager works out of the box with practically every WordPress theme, so you won’t need to develop any custom solutions or make extra purchases. It also offers a number of ways to customize the look of your events listings, and you can even supercharge your event management using premium add-ons.
Both attendees and site owners love to use WP Event Manager, and our team is ready to stand by your side to help you run any and every event you hold:
“…users rave about the developer support for the free version of the plugin…”
– Brian Jackson, woorkup
It’s the number one way to set up and list events on your WordPress website.
👉🏻 WP Event Manager: Everything You Need to Manage Your Events for Free
If you want to set up events in a hurry, WP Event Manager has all the core features and functionalities you need to create a robust event management system in just a few minutes:
- Add, remove, and organize your event listings using the familiar WordPress interface – you won’t need to leave the dashboard.
- Assign event locations to each of your events, and group them by those locations.
- Create custom event fields, to help you personalize your events and make them unique.
- Event organizers can log in and access full event management features, such as viewing, editing, deleting, and canceling events.
- Get live previews of every event you create, so you’ll know how your attendees will see your event listing.
- Display each event listing by simply using shortcodes within your content. There are different shortcodes to help you present your events in many different ways.
👉🏻 Give Users the Power to Find Events Through Search
Once you add events to your site, you’ll want users to find them. WP Event Manager includes lots of ways to direct your users towards your events, fast:
- You can search and filter events on the front-end using shortcodes. Each listing is ‘AJAX-powered’ for a super slick presentation.
- Guests and registered users can submit and manage event listings using a front-end form.
- You’re able to easily attach an email address and/or website URL to each event listing, so users have more ways to find your event, and search engines get the opportunity to index it.
- A user can also employ built-in RSS functionality to subscribe to similar events, meaning they’ll never miss your next one.
- There is full-featured taxonomy management included in WP Event Manager, and users can also filter events based on their current location.
👉🏻 WP Event Manager Provides a Class-Leading User Experience
WP Event Manager is a user-focused event management solution, and provides a class-leading experience for every user:
- The plugin offers typical cross-browser support for Google Chrome, Firefox, Apple Safari, and Opera.
- The interface is smooth to scroll through, thanks for AJAX-powered design elements. What’s more, it looks fantastic on all screen sizes.
- There are widgets available for recent events, upcoming events, and featured events. This means you can display your events almost anywhere on your site. With our premium Calendar add-on, you can display calendar events in multiple places on your website, in a number of different ways.
- Every user gets comprehensive documentation and video tutorials on how to get the best out of WP Event Manager.
- There are lots of different ways to get support if you need it. Free WP Event Manager users can submit a request to our dedicated WordPress.org forum. There’s also a support forum to provide a community that’s ready to help you solve any issues you have with WP Event Manager.
Site owners love WP Event Manager, and so do users. This is why it’s the leading event management plugin on the market:
“…This is a valuable plugin that many WordPress users can benefit from.…”
David Coleman – WP Mayor
You’ll find plenty of five-star reviews and recommendations across our site, and here on WordPress.org too!
👉🏻 A Developer-Focused Event Management Plugin for Serious WordPress Businesses
Developers will also love to work with WP Event Manager. It’s a clean, well-coded solution under the hood that comes with a number of helpful inclusions:
- Search engine optimization built into the code as standard.
- A translation-ready codebase to help globalize event copy.
- Caching support, to keep things running fast and friction-free.
- Plenty of endpoints and template files to provide deep customization to the core WP Event Manager code.
- A debug mode to ensure your WP Event Manager installation runs smooth at all times.
You can also contribute to WP Event Manager – the WP Event Manager GitHub Repository is always looking for new contributors to help with the project. Regardless of whether you are a stie owner, end user, or developer, WP Event Manager is the go-to event management plugin for WordPress.
👉🏻 WP Event Manager Offers Translations Into a Number of Different Languages
The WP Event Manager plugin offers over 40 inbuilt translations, making sure your events setup is easy and immediately available in your own language:
✔️ Arabic – (ar)
✔️ Arabic (Algerian) – (arq)
✔️ Arabic (Moroccan) – (ary)
✔️ Bengali – (bn_BD)
✔️ Bulgarian – (bg_BG)
✔️ Chinese (China) – (zh_CN)
✔️ Dutch – (nl_NL)
✔️ English (Australia) – (en_AU)
✔️ English (UK) – (en_GB)
✔️ English (Canada) – (en_CA)
✔️ English (New Zealand) – (en_NZ)
✔️ English (South Africa) – (en_ZA)
✔️ French – (fr_FR)
✔️ French (Belgium) – (fr_BE)
✔️ German – (de_DE)
✔️ German (Switzerland) – (de_CH)
✔️ Greek – (el)
✔️ Hebrew – (he_IL)
✔️ Hindi – (hi_IN)
✔️ Icelandic – (is_IS)
✔️ Indonesian – (id_ID)
✔️ Italian – (it_IT)
✔️ Japanese – (ja)
✔️ Latvian – (lv)
✔️ Lithuanian – (lt_LT)
✔️ Nepali – (ne_NP)
✔️ Polish – (pl_PL)
✔️ Portuguese (Brazil) – (pt_BR)
✔️ Portuguese (Portugal) – (pt_PT)
✔️ Romanian – (ro_RO)
✔️ Russian – (ru_RU)
✔️ Serbian – (sr_RS)
✔️ Sinhala – (si_LK)
✔️ Slovak – (sk_SK)
✔️ Spanish (Spain) – (es_ES)
✔️ Spanish (Mexico) – (es_MX)
✔️ Spanish (Colombia) – (es_CO)
✔️ Spanish (Chile) – (es_CL)
✔️ Swedish – (sv_SE)
✔️ Turkish – (tr_TR)
✔️ Ukrainian – (uk)
✔️ Vietnamese – (vi)
WP Event Manager also supports Right-To-Left (RTL) languages as standard, so you can use the plugin for international events, regardless of your target primary language.
More languages are earmarked for addition in the future too. We’d love more contributors to our translation efforts, and you can assist through the translate.wordpress.org website!
👉🏻 Get More From Your Event Management Using Premium Add-Ons
The free version of WP Event Manager is full-featured and ready to use. However, if you want more functionality without learning to code (or hiring a developer), the plugin lets you purchase and install a number of add-ons to enhance your experience.
Attendees can register for events using a form, and organizers can view and manage registrations from WordPress.
🎟 Sell Tickets
Gives you the ability to integrate the ability to sell tickets for your events with WooCommerce – the most popular e-commerce platform for WordPress. You can create multiple event tickets for purchase (or that you can redeem) during submission.
This lets you display an event calendar that lists upcoming events on your website. We think calendar events are the most convenient way to display your listings!
🗺 Google Maps
This add-on lets you integrate the popular map functionality on your site. You can find events based on location, and the add-on also enables proximity search on your site.
📆 Recurring Events
If you need to create a batch of events to generate on a regular basis, this add-on will be perfect.
📝 Attendee Information
Coordination is a big part of event management, and this add-on lets you collect information about the attendees at the point of registration.
Getting notifications about your events will help you manage them better. This add-on will send you notifications in three situations: when you submit an event, when you approve an event, and when an event is over.
While there is a lot of customization within WP Event Manager, the Colors add-on gives you more options. With this add-on you’re able to change the colors for the event type and categories, to help direct visitors to the right event listing.
- A 360-degree experience, including one-to-one meeting rooms, virtual booths, and much more.
- A great-looking ‘reception area’, designed to greet attendees and direct them to the right room or booth.
- You can include polls, Question-and-Answer sessions, and other ‘fact-finding’ engagement features.
- Speaking of which, you can also implement other engagement functionalities including speed networking, breakout rooms, and more.
👉🏻 Choose Bundles to Grab Related WP Event Manager Add-Ons for Your Site
We package a number of add-ons in three different bundles, to save you money and offer you related functionality at a steal:
👤 Personal Bundle
You’ll find every add-on we produce in one complete package.
📡 Virtual Bundle
This provides a collection of add-ons to help you run online events and expos, so you can set up a virtual event platform of your own.
💻 Developer Bundle
This bundle also provides all of our add-ons, but lets you use them on five different domains.
Whatever your budget, WP Event Manager has a solution to help you implement top-notch event management for your site. Regardless, the free version of the plugin is free forever, and its core functionality will always be free.
👉🏻 Documentation and Support
There are lots of ways to find out the information you need to use WP Event Manager in an optimal way:
- For answers to basic questions on WP Event Manager, WordPress, and our ecosystem, you’ll want to look at the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page on our site.
- For general information, our knowledge base is the best place to head to.
- If you’re a visual learner, the WP Event Manager YouTube channel offers lots of guides to both basic and advanced use cases.
- Social media users will want to join the Facebook community for WP Event Manager.
- Developers should head over to Slack or GitHub to ask any questions, and find out more about how WP Event Manager is customizable to fulfil different project requirements.
As with every WordPress plugin, you can ask for general support from the free version of WP Event Manager on the dedicated WordPress.org support forum. Premium support customers have a specific point on our site to direct tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What does the free version of WP Event Manager give me?
You can manage your event listings in full, such as adding, removing, and organizing them using the WordPress dashboard. You can also create custom event fields. You’re able to assign locations to an event, and group collections using those locations.
For all other functionality, you’ll want to make use of any of our premium add-ons for WP Event Manager.
How do I set up WP Event Manager?
Our installation guide will help you get WP Event Manager onto your WordPress system. Adding your first event is straightforward, and for most cases, you’ll simply need to insert a shortcode into your content.
Can I use WP Event Manager without front-end submissions?
Of course! You can use WP Event Manager without submitting anything from the front end by omitting the [submit_event_form] shortcode. You’ll still get the full experience of listing events.
How can I customize the event submission form?
Is there a way to add more functionalities to WP Event Manager?
Yes – WP Event Manager is a full-featured event management plugin, but you can also add even more to the feature set.
A wide variety of add-ons are available to help you add live streaming, a calendar, more customizability, and Google Maps functionality (among others). You can even sell tickets, manage attendees, and much more.
You can buy each add-on within a bundle, or for an individual price, which means you’re able to tailor WP Event Manager to your own requirements
How can I add a calendar to my WP Event Manager setup?
Adding a calendar to your site is a great way to showcase events in a familiar and intuitive layout. WP Events Manager provides the Calendar add-on. You can show a calendar with listing, individual calendar events, in a variety of different presentations.
For example, you can show upcoming calendar events, single-date calendar events, and more. You’re also able to display the calendar in a number of locations using shortcodes and widgets.
Is there a way to stream live events using WP Event Manager?
Yes! WP Event Manager is a full-scale virtual event platform that lets you carry out live streaming. We package a number of related add-ons together in our Virtual Bundle. This lets you access the features in our Expo Networking and Speaker and Schedule add-ons. What’s more, you can sell tickets, collect attendee data, manage those attendees, provide virtual name tags, and even add users to either Zoho or HubSpot CRMs.
Can I sell tickets to events using WP Event Manager?
You can sell tickets using the WP Event Manager Sell Tickets add-on. This combines with the WooCommerce plugin to let you set up multi-level pricing tiers, and track the ticket sales you make.
You could sell tickets live too, as the interface lets you add new paid tickets to WP Event Manager. In fact, there are a number of ticket options you can use to refine the experience for both you and your attendees.
Can I pass on my ideas and thoughts about WP Event Manager to you?
We love to hear from every user of WP Event Manager! You’re welcome to contact us using the form on our website, although we also have a lot of social media channels to browse through:
Feel free to drop us a message to pass on your thoughts about how you use WP Event Manager.
Where can I find out more about how to use WP Event Manager?
Our Help Center is the best place to find out more about WP Event Manager. Within, you’ll find a dedicated FAQ section, a full knowledge base, support for any add-on purchases, and much more.
Programuotojai ir komandos nariai
“WP Event Manager – Easily Build your Calendar of Events!” yra atviro kodo programa. Prie jos sukūrimo prisidėję žmonės surašyti toliau.Autoriai
Įskiepis “WP Event Manager – Easily Build your Calendar of Events!” išverstas į 32 kalbas. Dėkojame vertėjams už jų darbą.
Interested in development?
3.1.22 [ Sep 11th, 2021 ]
Fixed – Expo and virtual compatiblitity.
Fixed – Date format issue.
Fixed – some js and css tweaks.
3.1.21 [ May 13th, 2021 ]
Fixed – var_dump on submission page.
Fixed – Organizer and venue sumbmission page message.
Fixed – Some css and js tweaks.
3.1.20 [ Apr 6th, 2021 ]
Added – URL field type.
Fixed – Elementor elements improvements.
Fixed – Custom fields improvements at single event page.
Fixed – Jquery conflict with listing.
Fixed – Some js and css tweaks.
3.1.19 [ Dec 4th, 2020 ]
Fixed – Events listing show_filter false attribute issue.
Fixed – Category walker with event type dropdown compatiblity.
Fixed – Elementor widgets improved.
Fixed – some js and css tweaks.
Added – URL field type.
3.1.18 [ Dec 2nd, 2020 ]
Fixed – Additional fields with file type improved at single event page.
Fixed – Multiple event category and type must be enable only from field editor.
Fixed – Timezone field conflict with timezone settings.
Fixed – Do not show venue if event is online.
Fixed – Organizer pagination.
Fixed – WP Editor admin side added in event data.
Added – Event dashboard design improved.
Fixed – Admin side events table improved.
Fixed – Hardcoded strings improved.
Removed – Multiple event category and type settings.
Fixed – Some js and css tweaks.
3.1.17 [Sep 24TH, 2020]
Fixed – Date and event type search filter improved.
Fixed – Repeated field updated.
Fixed – Venue and orgaizer single template improved.
Fixed – Elementor shortcode improved.
Fixed – Some js and css tweaks.
3.1.16 [Sep 16TH, 2020]
- Added – Separate venue listing with dashbaord.
- Fixed – Organizer and venue adding at submit an event page.
- Fixed – Widget sorting by time.
- Fixed – Event thumbanil syncronized with event banner.
- Fixed – WPML compatiblity improved.
- Fixed – Elementor single event template and widgets improved.
- Fixed – Some string,js and css tweaks.
- Fixed – single event section improved.
- Fixed – improved taxonomy archive template.
- Fixed – All files optimized and reduced the size of plugin.
3.1.15 [Aug 25TH, 2020]
- Fixed – Migration from event meta to separte organizer improved.
- Fixed – Event filter false issue.
- Fixed – Some css and js tweaks.
3.1.14 [Aug 22TH, 2020]
- Added – Multiple organizer selection with event.
- Fixed – Admin can add past date events.
- Fixed – Past events shortcode improved with attributes.
- Fixed – Field editor improved with organizer.
- Fixed – Attachment not deleting.
- Fixed – Pagination issue with filters.
- Fixed – Delete data on uninstall.
- Remove – Address fields removed.
- Fixed – Field editor related issues.
- Fixed – Schema duplication and schema warnings.
- Fixed – Single event page banner section improvements.
- Fixed – Google search console warning.
- Fixed – Some css and js tweaks.
- Fixed – Event description duplication.
- Fixed – Banner attachment issue.
- Fixed – Elementor featured issue.
- Added – Filter by date range.
- Fixed – Registration button improved.
- Fixed – Some string translation improved.
- Added – REST API added.
- Fixed – Registration button conflict.
- Fixed – Some js and css tweaks.
- Fixed – Same day event start end date fixed.
- Fixed – Media files duplicate issue fixed.
- Fixed – Chosen at backend side improved.
- Fixed – RSS feed item hooks added.
- Fixed – One day event duplicate date improved.
- Fixed – Elementor listing settings improved.
- Fixed – Registration button conditions improved with method type.
- Fixed – Gutenberg category compatiblity.
- Fixed – Field editor conflict with category
- Fixed – POT strings are improved
- Fixed – Some css and js tweaks
- Added – Visual composer compatiblity added
- Added – View count added
- Fixed – Layout improved
- Fixed – Field editor option value added with key and translation
- Fixed – Date format issue with multilingual
- Fixed – Layout improved
- Fixed – placeholder image improved
- Fixed – WPML config file im proved
- Added – Time at single event page
- Fixed – Minor Bugs
- Added – New design responsive structure
- Added – Layout type attribute in events shortcode
- Added – CSS Improved
- Added – All Templates Improved
- Fixed – Minor Bugs
- Fixed – field editor improved.
- Fixed – Problem with apostrophes in the text/description/placeholders in field-editor fixed.
- Fixed – Event title and description converted as category field fixed.
- Fixed – In events shortcode selected category and selected type fixed.
- Fixed – Widget title, number undefined solved
- Fixed – event type meta box fixed
- Added – event-slug added at event add/update time (Admin-side)
- Added – shortcode Widget of elementor compitible.
- Added – convert start date into date_i18n.
- Added – Shortcode for past event listing added.
- Fixed – Events shortcode atts filter false fixed.
- Added – Date i18n added
- Fixed – POT file fixed with missing string
- Added – Setting link at plugin page added.
- Fixed – Upcoming Event listing Widget fixed.
- Fixed – Improvement in custom fields Field editor
- Fixed – Ticket price option will be set using settings
- Added – Featured Event Background Color changed
- Added – Settings added for frontend login link
- Fixed – some css tweaks
- Fixed – Date format issue fixed.
- Fixed – Event slug improved.
- Added – Widget settings added
- Fixed – Event date and time issue.
- Added – Date and time setting added.
- Added – Field key added in field editor table.
- Added – Field type timezone added.
- Fixed – Registration deadline issue fixed.
- Added – Admin only field restriction added.
- Added – Timepicker added.
- Fixed – Event listing result filter added.
- Fixed – Field editor issue.
- Fixed – Registration button compatiblity with registration addon.
- Fixed – Date field type
- Fixed – Registration deadline
- Fixed – backend and submit event js improved
- Fixed – Datepicker format changed to default as it is.
- Fixed – taxonomy editing fields.
- Fixed – Date filter fixed.
- Fixed – Field editor improved.
- Fixed – Time field type issue fixed.
- Fixed – Admin expiry date and other date field improved.
- Fixed – Admin panel css issue fixed.
- Fixed – Merged Frontend and Backed Field editor.
- Added – jQuery datepicker added.
- Fixed – Boostrap depandancy date-timepicker removed.
- Improved – SEO and lang translation compatiblity improved.
- Improved – Order by clause improved.
- Added – GDPR data cleaner improved.
- Added – Permalink setting added.
- Added – Third Party Support separated folder.
- Fixed – POT file translation issue fixed.
- Fixed – All string related issue and POT file.
- Fixed – Admin form fields improvements.
- Fixed – Language files added for Bulgarian,Hindi,Indonesian,Italian,Lithuanian,Polish,Portuguese (Brazil),Serbian,Vietnamese,Chinese
- Added – Language files for German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish (Mexico).
- Fixed – Account creation settings and fields issue.
- Fixed – Backend form fields issue.
- Fixed – Taxonomy conflict with custom fields fixed.
- Fixed – Field value not showing in backend.
- Added – Field editor compatiblity with taxonomy.
- Fixed – Expired listing issue fixed on events shortcode.
- Fixed – Organizer logo MIME Type error.
- Fixed – POT file and some string improved.
- Fixed – Organizer section css improved.
- Fixed – Improved cashe helper and expiry date
- Added – GUI form field editor added.
- Fixed – Some CSS tweeks.
- Fixed – Preview and expired status in admin panel issue fixed.
- Fixed – Expired events removed from seo indexing.
- Fixed – Google map api issue solved.
- Fixed – Geocodding API improved.
- Fixed – Rss feed problem solved
- Fixed – Google api issue fixed.
- Fixed – Some string tweaks.
- Fixed – Start date validation issue.
- Fixed – Set organizer logo as event featured image.
- Fixed – CSS tweeks.
- Fixed – Fixed Watch video button blue color removed..
- Fixed – Fixed Auto categories and types re-activate plugin problem.
- Fixed – Fixed css problem with theme.
- Fixed – Fixed jQuery Deserialize – vendor assign js file.
- Fixed – Sort by date problem for event listing and widgets.
- Fixed – Widget (Recent,Upcomming and Featured Events) Sort by date.
- Fixed – Improve WPML compatibility.
- Fixed – Add an implicit whitelist for API requests.
- Fixed – Taxonomy search conditions.
- Fixed – Admin Addon page addon listing.
- Added – Allow event types to be optional, just like categories.
- Added – Add get_event_listing_types filter.
- Added – Various date format setting improvements.
- Added – Pass search values filter.
- Added – Multiple event type and category settings.
- Added – Admin notification added for showcase and rating.
- Fixed – Tweak settings page.
- Fixed – Tweak css updated.
- First stable release.